The information on this page is out of date. We will update this page in December.
Please refer to the prospectus for the latest information.
|Research student||Part-time student|
|Students conduct research on a specific topic under the guidance of supervisors. Students cannot obtain credits.||Students take approved courses, exams, and obtain credits. Up to 10 acquired credits may be approved for use towards a degree when enrolling as a full-time student in the future.|
|Number of students||Any number of students that does not affect the main classes and research of the involved faculty|
|Administration issues||1. Research students may attend some courses relevant to their research, pending approval from their supervisors and the staff of those courses.
2. Students must submit their research papers to the head of the relevant course (through their supervisors) before the end date of the academic period.
3. Research papers are assessed at a faculty meeting. The outcome of the assessment may be certified on request.
|1. Students take approved courses, exams, and obtain credits. Credits acquired as a part-time student may be counted as pre-acquired credits towards a degree when enrolling as a full-time student in a degree program for Instructional Systems. Please note that the maximum number of credits which can be acquired in this way is 10.
2. Part-time students who enroll in April can take any first semester courses for Master’s Program students and those who do so in October can take any Master’s Program second semester courses. Any courses taken after these two semesters must be specially applied for and approved.
|Academic period||In principle, a single academic year. However, this period may be extended upon request if the student has related matters to research that justify the extension. Research students who apply for an academic period extension that does not lead to a period of interruption in their studies on the same research topic are exempt from the examination and admission fees for the extended period. Please note that the examination and admission fees will be assessed for students who change their research topics, supervisors, faculties, or departments.||In principle, the academic year of the part-time student’s enrollment. However, this period may be extended on request. Part-time students who apply for an academic period extension that does not lead to a period of interruption in their studies on the same research topic are exempt from the examination and admission fees for the extended period.|
|Selection||Assessment of submitted written documents (may be subject to additional inquiry).|
Application information for research/part-time students
2014 academic year applications for the Graduate School of Instructional Systems from research/part-time students will be accepted based on the following schedule.
|Application Period||First semester enrollment (April)
Applications must be received between February 18 (Tue) and 5pm on February 19 (Wed), 2014
Second semester enrollment (October)
|Selection||Assessment of submitted written documents|
|Announcement of successful applicants||Successful applicants will receive a letter of acceptance.|
|Enrollment Period||First semester enrollment (April)
From March 26 (Wed) to March 27 (Thu), 2014
Second semester enrollment (October)
Admission Application Form for 2014 academic Year
Obtaining a PDF Copy of the Application Form
To apply for admission as a research or part-time student, download the following application.
※ If you are applying from abroad, please contact the Administrative Office for Social and Cultural Sciences in advance.
(Phone: 096-342-2326 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) .
- Available courses (Master’s Program) [In Japanese] (PDF)
- Available courses (Doctoral Program) [In Japanese] (PDF)
- Admission application form (For research students) [In Japanese] (PDF)
- Admission application form (For part-time students of the Master’s Program) [In Japanese] (PDF)
- Admission application form (For part-time students of the Doctoral Program) [In Japanese] (PDF)
- Identification number explanation [In Japanese] (PDF)
- Payment slip [In Japanese] (PDF)
- Personal history form for foreign students (PDF)
Receiving Information About Programs via e-mail
Information about a major in Instructional Systems is e-mailed to prospective students who have registered their full name, e-mail address, and other relevant personal information using the e-mail form below.